LA CROSSE, Wis. - Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation agents arrested 25-year-old Mitrel Anderson, of La Crosse, Monday morning.
Twenty-four-year-old Demario Lee was killed during a fight with Anderson at a Kwik Trip early Sunday. Police say he died from injuries inflicted by an "edged weapon."
Police say Anderson stabbed Lee in the head during a fight Sunday morning inside a Kwik Trip convenience store in La Crosse.
Anderson skipped town after the incident and police say they learned he was in Madison through cellphone records.
DCI agents and Madison Police found the car Jones was driving at a Madison apartment and arrested him without incident Monday morning.
Police say they're still investigating what started the fight that led to Lee's death.
The victim's mother, Brandy Williams, says her son was from Rockford, Ill., and was visiting her in La Crosse. She says her son went to some downtown bars with friends Saturday night and went to Kwik Trip to get a snack afterward. Williams told WKBT-TV Lee is her only son and leaves behind a 3-year-old daughter.
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Driver of car going 107 mph suspected of drug use, deputies say
- Car reported missing discovered crashed into condo, police say
- Driver who nearly strikes state patrol car charged with 4th OWI, trooper says
- Man pulls gun during road rage incident, police say