MADISON, Wis. - A suspect in a 2016 homicide on Madison’s south side was arrested Friday in Illinois, according to a release.
Brandon Crockett, 27, of Chicago, was arrested in Matteson, Illinois, by members of the U.S. Marshals Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
Crockett is the main suspect in the Sept. 28, 2016, shooting on McDivitt Road in Madison, according to the release.
Crockett shot Marsellas Coleman several times in the 2700 block of McDivitt Road, officials said. Coleman later died from his injuries.
An investigation determined Crockett left Wisconsin and was working in Matteson, according to the release. Law enforcement officers found and arrested Crockett Friday at his place of employment.
He is currently being held in custody at the Cook County Jail where he is awaiting extradition back to Wisconsin.
- Intruder surprises resident during daytime burglary, police say
- Facebook crime scene photos prompt concerns of homicide in Columbia County
- Person dies after 40-foot fall at Mt. Olympus Resort, police say
- Woman accused of endangering children by driving drunk
- State technology officers: No attempted hack on state election system
- New program prepares business owners for Madison's future public market