MADISON, Wis. - A suspect in a 2016 homicide on Madison’s south side was arrested Friday in Illinois, according to a release.
Brandon Crockett, 27, of Chicago, was arrested in Matteson, Illinois, by members of the U.S. Marshals Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, officials said.
Crockett is the main suspect in the Sept. 28, 2016, shooting on McDivitt Road in Madison, according to the release.
Crockett shot Marsellas Coleman several times in the 2700 block of McDivitt Road, officials said. Coleman later died from his injuries.
An investigation determined Crockett left Wisconsin and was working in Matteson, according to the release. Law enforcement officers found and arrested Crockett Friday at his place of employment.
He is currently being held in custody at the Cook County Jail where he is awaiting extradition back to Wisconsin.
- DOJ asks to keep Brendan Dassey locked up
- Fabric tears caused blimp to go down near U.S. Open, NTSB report says
- State DOJ denies group's request for swag costs
- K-9's sniff leads to 2 drug arrests in Richland County, sheriff says
- Boater dead, 2 hurt in suspected carbon monoxide poisoning
- LIST: Area fireworks celebrations set for 2017 Fourth of July