MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after police used surveillance video to verify the identity of a man accused of entering unlocked rooms in an apartment building, according to Madison police.
Stephen L. Burton, 18, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on suspicion of a probation hold. Police said they're pursing tentative charges of fourth-degree sexual assault, burglary and disorderly conduct.
Police said Burton entered the Statesider, a downtown apartment on Frances Street, early Sunday morning and told building management he was there to visit a friend. The statement said the man instead entered several unlocked rooms in the apartment, entering the bed of a sleeping 19-year-old woman, who told him to leave. She was not harmed during the incident.
The man inappropriately touched another woman in the elevator and made lewd comments to several others, according to police. One woman found money had been taken from her wallet.
- Video captures man stuffing puppies into drain
- Baldwin, other senators seek assurances from Trump pick for EPA
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowski traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota