JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Stoughton man was killed and three others injured after a rollover crash on Interstate 39/90 in Janesville Sunday morning, according to the State Patrol.
Officers said a pickup driven by Nikolas R. Mills, 31, of Stoughton was on a ramp from eastbound Highway 14 to southbound I-39/90 at about 2 a.m. when the truck lost traction while trying to accelerate on wet pavement. He lost control and the truck went sideways and into the ditch on the right side of the road where it rolled twice, went through a chain-link fence and landed on its tires, according to officers.
Front seat passenger, Derek Reible, 30, of Stoughton was ejected and killed, according to officers.
Mills was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Janesville along with Kristofor D. Mills, 30, of Stoughton and Nikolas E. Klinefelter, 27, of Janesville. All three suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crash involving ambulance closes U.S. Highway 12
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal