JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Stoughton man was killed and three others injured after a rollover crash on Interstate 39/90 in Janesville Sunday morning, according to the State Patrol.
Officers said a pickup driven by Nikolas R. Mills, 31, of Stoughton was on a ramp from eastbound Highway 14 to southbound I-39/90 at about 2 a.m. when the truck lost traction while trying to accelerate on wet pavement. He lost control and the truck went sideways and into the ditch on the right side of the road where it rolled twice, went through a chain-link fence and landed on its tires, according to officers.
Front seat passenger, Derek Reible, 30, of Stoughton was ejected and killed, according to officers.
Mills was transported to St. Mary's Hospital in Janesville along with Kristofor D. Mills, 30, of Stoughton and Nikolas E. Klinefelter, 27, of Janesville. All three suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say