Wisconsin officials are alerting residents to invoices for fake parking tickets.
The state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection said eastern and western parts of Wisconsin have seen reports of fake bills in the mail for non-existing parking violations.
A Door County resident received a letter in April claiming $35 for parking fees while a Pierce County resident was asked for $50. Both tickets were fraudulent.
Officials said soliciting fraudulent bills violates both federal and state laws. Residents should contact the department immediately or file a complaint online if such activities reached them.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm