Wisconsin officials are alerting residents to invoices for fake parking tickets.
The state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection said eastern and western parts of Wisconsin have seen reports of fake bills in the mail for non-existing parking violations.
A Door County resident received a letter in April claiming $35 for parking fees while a Pierce County resident was asked for $50. Both tickets were fraudulent.
Officials said soliciting fraudulent bills violates both federal and state laws. Residents should contact the department immediately or file a complaint online if such activities reached them.
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people