Wisconsin officials are alerting residents to invoices for fake parking tickets.
The state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection said eastern and western parts of Wisconsin have seen reports of fake bills in the mail for non-existing parking violations.
A Door County resident received a letter in April claiming $35 for parking fees while a Pierce County resident was asked for $50. Both tickets were fraudulent.
Officials said soliciting fraudulent bills violates both federal and state laws. Residents should contact the department immediately or file a complaint online if such activities reached them.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert