Wisconsin officials are alerting residents to invoices for fake parking tickets.
The state Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection said eastern and western parts of Wisconsin have seen reports of fake bills in the mail for non-existing parking violations.
A Door County resident received a letter in April claiming $35 for parking fees while a Pierce County resident was asked for $50. Both tickets were fraudulent.
Officials said soliciting fraudulent bills violates both federal and state laws. Residents should contact the department immediately or file a complaint online if such activities reached them.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle