TOWN OF SPRINGFIELD, Wis. - A Middleton woman was arrested on suspicion of attempted homicide after a stabbing Thursday morning, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to 5000 Pheasant Branch Rd. at 2:56 a.m. and said they found 39-year-old Everado Trinidad Cortez being treated by Middleton EMS. Cortez was admitted to University of Wisconsin Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Terea Osario Beltran, 33, was arrested after deputies talked to several witnesses, according to sheriff's officials.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say