MADISON, Wis. - Shots were fired when a man tried to rob two other men who were trying to sell him prescription drugs, according to a release from Madison police.
Officers were called at 10:05 p.m. Tuesday to the 4600 block of Verona Road in a report of gunfire. When they arrived they found two men. One of the men tried to run away but was caught by officers.
Police said the two men had come to the Verona Road location to sell prescription drugs to a third man. The unidentified third man then tried to rob the first two men at gunpoint. The man fired several gunshots at the first two men before running away, according to the release.
The man who tried to run from police was arrested on suspicion of several charges.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants