SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he was involved in a minor crash and a shotgun was found in his car, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called just before 1 a.m. Thursday to Highway 151 at North Bristol Street in Sun Prairie on a report from a passerby about a vehicle stuck in the ditch.
Deputies said the driver, James W. Noyd, 20, had a shotgun under the front seat of his car.
Noyd was arrested on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon, endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of a short-barrel shotgun and felony bail jumping.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick