SUN PRAIRIE, Wis. - A Madison man was arrested after he was involved in a minor crash and a shotgun was found in his car, according to a release from the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called just before 1 a.m. Thursday to Highway 151 at North Bristol Street in Sun Prairie on a report from a passerby about a vehicle stuck in the ditch.
Deputies said the driver, James W. Noyd, 20, had a shotgun under the front seat of his car.
Noyd was arrested on suspicion of carrying a concealed weapon, endangering safety by use of a dangerous weapon under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of a short-barrel shotgun and felony bail jumping.
- DHS: Wisconsinites hit hard by flu bug this year
- Powerball jackpot hits more than $403 million
- Woman parks in downtown Madison, returns to find car on fire
- Officials: Impaired driver struck multiple cars, arrested for 4th OWI
- Kentucky shooting suspect thought to be headed to Wis. now in custody
- GOP leader Fitzgerald introduces bill to relax well regulations