FITCHBURG, Wis. - The Fitchburg Police Department said the city of Madison responded to a report of shots fired during a fight Thursday night.
Fitchburg police received a report of a single gunshot heard near Pike Drive and Eggimen Road around 5:49 p.m.
A short time later, the city of Madison Police Department responded to a call of an injured man in that same area.
The injured man told police he was fighting with another man when a third man fired a single shot. The gunfire missed him, but he suffered minor injuries from a fight.
Fitchburg police recovered a single shell casing from the scene, according to a report.
No arrests were made, and the investigation is ongoing, the police department said.
Police said the shooter was described by witnesses as a black man in his 20s with a darker complexion and long dreadlocks.
Anyone with information is asked to call Fitchburg police at 608-270-4300. Tips can also be sent via text message by texting the tip plus the keyword "Fitchburg" to 847411.
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle
- Man sentenced in heroin overdose death
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick