MADISON, Wis. - Madison police said a shot fired at an apartment building Wednesday night came close to striking a sleeping 9-year-old.
Numerous officers were sent to the 4300 block of Melody Lane at 11:07 p.m. for numerous reports of gunfire.
Police said a bullet went through the window of an apartment in the 2300 block of Independence Lane and became lodged in a wall. A 9-year-old was sleeping on the other side of the wall, according to police.
A man living in the 4300 block of Melody Lane told police there had been a dispute over a drug debt before the gunfire. Police said the apartment that was struck had nothing to do with the violence.
Witnesses told police the gunman was outside and might have fled in a van.19019802
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert
- Pickup truck, car fall through ice on 2 Dodge County lakes
- Man killed after setting off apartment explosion