DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Iowa County inmate has been declared missing, officials said.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said Stephen D. Sporle, 41, did not return to the Iowa County Jail as scheduled.
The sheriff's department said Sporle is white, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was supposed to return to the Iowa County Jail on Friday at 6 p.m. but the sheriff said he hasn't returned.
Information indicated he could be intoxicated, depressed and suicidal, an alert Saturday morning said. The sheriff's department advised citizens to use caution.
He has contacts in Lafayette, Grant and Iowa counties. Authorities asked anyone with information on Sporle's whereabouts to contact the Iowa County Sheriff's Department at 608-935-3314.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash