DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Iowa County inmate has been declared missing, officials said.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said Stephen D. Sporle, 41, did not return to the Iowa County Jail as scheduled.
The sheriff's department said Sporle is white, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was supposed to return to the Iowa County Jail on Friday at 6 p.m. but the sheriff said he hasn't returned.
Information indicated he could be intoxicated, depressed and suicidal, an alert Saturday morning said. The sheriff's department advised citizens to use caution.
He has contacts in Lafayette, Grant and Iowa counties. Authorities asked anyone with information on Sporle's whereabouts to contact the Iowa County Sheriff's Department at 608-935-3314.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms