DODGEVILLE, Wis. - An Iowa County inmate has been declared missing, officials said.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said Stephen D. Sporle, 41, did not return to the Iowa County Jail as scheduled.
The sheriff's department said Sporle is white, 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. He was supposed to return to the Iowa County Jail on Friday at 6 p.m. but the sheriff said he hasn't returned.
Information indicated he could be intoxicated, depressed and suicidal, an alert Saturday morning said. The sheriff's department advised citizens to use caution.
He has contacts in Lafayette, Grant and Iowa counties. Authorities asked anyone with information on Sporle's whereabouts to contact the Iowa County Sheriff's Department at 608-935-3314.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say