MADISON, Wis. - A registered sex offender is accused of exposing himself in an east Madison store Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Madison police said 40-year-old Reginald A Rigsby was at Shopko on Zeier Road at 3:12 p.m. He exposed himself in the store and it was captured on surveillance video.
Police said Rigsby fled before police arrived. He was spotted by officers in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue and he dashed into the road to avoid arrest, according to the report.
Drivers were forced to brake to avoid hitting him, police said. Rigsby was captured a short time later on Rethke Avenue.
He faces charges of lewd and lascivious behavior, retail theft and resisting police.
According to the report, Rigsby is homeless.
- Consumer Reports: Stern warnings about your kids' connected toys
- Building owner attacked after confronting man, police say
- Fire from stove burner left on causes $8K damage to Janesville home
- Deputies seek help finding man not seen since April
- NASCAR driver Tony Stewart gets stuck in Madison hotel elevator on birthday
- PD: Armed teen robs west Madison gas station