MADISON, Wis. - A registered sex offender is accused of exposing himself in an east Madison store Wednesday afternoon, police said.
Madison police said 40-year-old Reginald A Rigsby was at Shopko on Zeier Road at 3:12 p.m. He exposed himself in the store and it was captured on surveillance video.
Police said Rigsby fled before police arrived. He was spotted by officers in the 3200 block of East Washington Avenue and he dashed into the road to avoid arrest, according to the report.
Drivers were forced to brake to avoid hitting him, police said. Rigsby was captured a short time later on Rethke Avenue.
He faces charges of lewd and lascivious behavior, retail theft and resisting police.
According to the report, Rigsby is homeless.
Power of attorney charged with taking, using man's money for personal use
Traffic grant results in 4th OWI arrest, short pursuit
- Family, friends still waiting for answers in death of windsurfer
- Gard family launches Iowa County Cancer Coalition
- AG: DCI responds to officer-involved shooting death in Columbia County
- USS Indianapolis wreckage discovered; One of last survivors recalls harrowing ordeal
- Quidditch tournament comes to Madison's Breese Stevens Field
- 1st human West Nile case of year confirmed in state