MADISON, Wis. - Several Madison teens told police they were hit by pellets last Saturday.
The teens told Madison police that a group of eight to 10 teens approached another group of teens just after 11 p.m. on June 23. Police said a member of the first group said "Remember us," and the second group heard a popping noise.
The second group told police it appeared one member from the first group was holding an Airsoft gun. A 17-year-old Madison woman was hit in her upper back and a 17-year-old man was hit in the leg.
The incident happened on the 1400 block of Spaight Street. Witnesses said the first group of teens were all male. The victims told police they did not know the other teens.
- Vehicles, building hit by bullets in Fitchburg
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm