A Madison woman accused of torturing her teenage stepdaughter and starving her down to 68 pounds is set to be sentenced in July.
Melinda Drabek-Chritton pleaded no contest earlier this month to first-degree recklessly endangering safety and causing mental harm to a child. Both charges are felonies and carry a combined maximum penalty of 25 years in prison and $50,000 in fines. Dane County Circuit Judge Julie Genovese has scheduled the Drabek-Chritton's sentencing hearing for July 26.
A jury found the woman's husband, Chad Chritton, who is the girl's father, guilty of child neglect in March. The girl's stepbrother, Joshua Drabek, is set to stand trial in June on charges he sexually assaulted her.
- Man hit by plow, deputies say
- Officials use movie previews to help save lives
- Madison group helps Chicago develop violence reduction plan
- Group suing DNR over plan for high-impact activities at Sauk Prairie Conservation Area
- Sauk County crash sends one to hospital with life-threatening injuries
- Victim of Highway 51 crash ID'd as Wisconsin Dells man