OSHKOSH, Wis. - An Oshkosh woman convicted of selling fake Facebook stock has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
Marianne Oleson, 46, was convicted of scamming acquaintances, family and friends of tens of thousands of dollars by selling them fake shares of Facebook while the company was still privately owned.
Randy Stafford is one of the people Oleson scammed. He told WLUK-TV she owes him $29,000. Stafford says prison will give Oleson some time to think about how her actions affected her victims.
Oleson will be on supervision for more than a decade after she gets out of prison. Oleson offered a tearful apology in Winnebago County Circuit Court Wednesday.
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI
- Highway 151 reopens near Blue Mounds after semi vs. car crash
- Police: Family member found elderly woman dead in garage with head wound