MADISON, Wis. - A 76-year-old Beloit man was tackled to the floor of the Ho-Chunk men's restroom at about noon Thursday just after cashing in winnings from the slot machines.
Police said the robber came up behind the victim, placed him in a bear hug and flung him to the floor, grabbing the senior citizen's wallet and fleeing the casino. Surveillance video showed the robber and another man left Ho-Chunk's parking lot in a red minivan.
The incident report describes the assailant as a black man wearing a red shirt, black leather jacket with "USA" on the sleeves and an American flag on the back.
Police did not identify how much money the victim had won on the slots nor how much cash was in his wallet when it was stolen.
Ho-Chunk Gaming is on Evan Acres Road near the Highway 18 and Interstate 90 interchange east of Madison.
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement
- Uncertainty creates challenges for growth in manufacturing
- Inmates sue over conditions at Wisconsin youth prison
- Crews put out, monitor insulation fire at construction site, officials say
- Janesville man killed in crash on I-90 near South Beloit