TOWN OF LA PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department said they arrested a Beloit man after he was found to have a blood-alcohol level of .279 after he took a breath test Tuesday.
Deputies gave Jimmy Walls, 43, the test after he was found passed out in his pickup truck near the corner of LaPrairie Town Hall Road near East Maple Lane.
Deputies and EMS personnel woke Walls up and offered him medical treatment before administering the test.
Deputies found an open bottle of liquor in the cab of the pickup with Walls when he was arrested. Walls was taken to the Rock County Jail.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow