TOWN OF LA PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department said they arrested a Beloit man after he was found to have a blood-alcohol level of .279 after he took a breath test Tuesday.
Deputies gave Jimmy Walls, 43, the test after he was found passed out in his pickup truck near the corner of LaPrairie Town Hall Road near East Maple Lane.
Deputies and EMS personnel woke Walls up and offered him medical treatment before administering the test.
Deputies found an open bottle of liquor in the cab of the pickup with Walls when he was arrested. Walls was taken to the Rock County Jail.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash