TOWN OF LA PRAIRIE, Wis. - The Rock County Sheriff's Department said they arrested a Beloit man after he was found to have a blood-alcohol level of .279 after he took a breath test Tuesday.
Deputies gave Jimmy Walls, 43, the test after he was found passed out in his pickup truck near the corner of LaPrairie Town Hall Road near East Maple Lane.
Deputies and EMS personnel woke Walls up and offered him medical treatment before administering the test.
Deputies found an open bottle of liquor in the cab of the pickup with Walls when he was arrested. Walls was taken to the Rock County Jail.
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Majority of Superior shipyard workers test positive for lead