MADISON, Wis. - A man whose gold chain was stolen by a robber had a handgun pointed at him when he confronted the robber, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said the 37-year-old man was in the parking lot of Walgreens at 5702 Raymond Road Wednesday night when the robber, age 15-18, snatched the gold chain and ran away.
A short time later, the man saw the suspected robber in a nearby parking lot, drove up to him and demanded his necklace back, according to the release. The man said the robber pulled out a black pistol and pointed it at him.
The victim ran away and called police.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend