ST. PAUL, Minn. - Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan is planning his first stop in Minnesota since joining Mitt Romney's ticket with a Minneapolis fundraiser slated for next week.
An invitation says Ryan will be in town on Oct. 13 -- two days after his sole debate with Democratic Vice President Joe Biden. Minnesota Public Radio News first reported on the trip.
The GOP congressman from neighboring Wisconsin was due to appear at an event where donors are asked to give between $1,000 and $25,000. A spokesman for Ryan didn't immediately return messages Thursday about whether the trip would include a public event as well.
Romney breezed through the state in August for a private fundraiser.
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers
- 3 teens arrested in connection to several vandalism cases
- UW-Whitewater lowers flag for student killed in crash