TOWN OF BLOOMING GROVE - The Dane County Sheriff's Department responded to a report of shots fired in the town of Blooming Grove Wednesday night. This happened around 11:05 p.m. at the intersection of North Fair Oaks and Webb avenues.
Witnesses reported seeing three cars racing south on North Fair Oaks Avenue from Furey Avenue. Several spent shell casings were found in the road over a two block span of North Fair Oaks, Furey and Thurber avenues.
The Sheriff's Department said so far they have no suspects and no descriptions for those suspects or suspect vehicles. The department said they received multiple calls overnight, but the calls were varied. There were no reports of damage or injuries.
Witnesses at the scene said they heard multiple rounds fired.
"I was in bed reading," said Peter Calderwood who lives about 2 blocks away. "I heard, gosh, it must have been six maybe eight and then another volley maybe 10 shots all together. I looked out my window and didn't see anything going on. I waited for the sirens, and the sirens came. I saw the lights so I walked down here."
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Dane County tip line at 608-284-6900.
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1
- Mars investigating Skittles said to be intended for cattle