MADISON, Wis. - A man who has a pattern of breaking into houses is back behind bars for charges connected to a recent burglary on Piedmont Road, according to a release.
Roderick S. Williams, 23, was arrested in connection with four other burglaries in the last couple of years, police said.
Williams smashed a bedroom window just after midnight Nov. 11 in a house in the 6300 block of Piedmont Road, investigators said. Williams got away with cash, two Green Bay Packers tickets and several pairs of women's designer jeans.
Detectives said they identified Williams as the suspect after he sold some of the stolen clothing to a resale store, according to the release.
Williams eventually turned himself in after hearing police were looking for him, police said.
He was arrested on tentative charges of theft and bail jumping.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to fourth OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street