MONONA, Wis. - A 25-year-old woman was arrested after getting more than $1,000 from a 93-year-old man and use of his car within two days of meeting him, according to Monona police.
The victim's family called police Thursday and said the man was giving money to a young female he met a few days before and that the woman had the man's car.
Police asked the man to call the woman to convince her to return his car. When she did, she was detained and interviewed.
Officers said Marcie, J, Saye, of Rio, met the victim in a Walgreens parking lot and told him she was having trouble with her vehicle and needed gas money.
Saye was arrested on suspicion of theft for financially exploiting an elder, damage to property and bail jumping.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry