MONONA, Wis. - A 25-year-old woman was arrested after getting more than $1,000 from a 93-year-old man and use of his car within two days of meeting him, according to Monona police.
The victim's family called police Thursday and said the man was giving money to a young female he met a few days before and that the woman had the man's car.
Police asked the man to call the woman to convince her to return his car. When she did, she was detained and interviewed.
Officers said Marcie, J, Saye, of Rio, met the victim in a Walgreens parking lot and told him she was having trouble with her vehicle and needed gas money.
Saye was arrested on suspicion of theft for financially exploiting an elder, damage to property and bail jumping.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say