JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman told Janesville police she was chased by a suspicious man on a recreation trail.
Police said the incident on March 24 occurred at about 2:20 p.m. on the Springbrook bike trail near the intersection of South Jackson and Riverside streets.
The woman told police she was walking down the trail when she saw a man come out from a wooded area and run toward her. She said she started running and when she screamed he ran from the area. He was last seen running east on the Springbrook trail toward Dawson Field.
The man is described as white, 45-50 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 150 pounds, with a mustache. He was wearing a tan-colored hooded sweatshirt with a black jacket over the top of his sweatshirt and dark-colored jeans. He might have been wearing a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Janesville Police Department at 608-755-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 608-756-3636.
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- Find of device that looked like military mortar causes scare
- Lawyers for man charged in killing accuse victim's boyfriend