JANESVILLE, Wis. - A woman told Janesville police she was chased by a suspicious man on a recreation trail.
Police said the incident on March 24 occurred at about 2:20 p.m. on the Springbrook bike trail near the intersection of South Jackson and Riverside streets.
The woman told police she was walking down the trail when she saw a man come out from a wooded area and run toward her. She said she started running and when she screamed he ran from the area. He was last seen running east on the Springbrook trail toward Dawson Field.
The man is described as white, 45-50 years old, 6 feet tall, weighing 150 pounds, with a mustache. He was wearing a tan-colored hooded sweatshirt with a black jacket over the top of his sweatshirt and dark-colored jeans. He might have been wearing a black baseball cap.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Janesville Police Department at 608-755-2244 or Janesville Area Crimestoppers at 608-756-3636.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head