WINDSOR TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The unconscious driver of a pick-up truck in Windsor Township was using heroin before stopping in a lane of traffic and getting arrested, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy discovered the truck on Pepsi Way at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The truck's emergency lights were on and the driver was behind the wheel and unresponsive.
The deputy yelled and knocked on the window. Brandon N. Ziegler, 22, of Deforest, regained consciousness after about five minutes, according to the deputy.
Ziegler was arrested on suspicion of second offense operating while intoxicated. The deputy said heroin was inside the truck along with other drug paraphernalia.
Ziegler was transported to Meriter Hospital for a blood draw and medical evaluation.
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday
- Dane County to acquire 130 acres along Yahara River
- 4 juveniles suspected of damaging maliboxes in rural Portage, Pardeeville areas
- 2 on moped injured in downtown Madison crash, officials say
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Ag secretary to visit Wisconsin dairy farmers