WINDSOR TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The unconscious driver of a pick-up truck in Windsor Township was using heroin before stopping in a lane of traffic and getting arrested, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy discovered the truck on Pepsi Way at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The truck's emergency lights were on and the driver was behind the wheel and unresponsive.
The deputy yelled and knocked on the window. Brandon N. Ziegler, 22, of Deforest, regained consciousness after about five minutes, according to the deputy.
Ziegler was arrested on suspicion of second offense operating while intoxicated. The deputy said heroin was inside the truck along with other drug paraphernalia.
Ziegler was transported to Meriter Hospital for a blood draw and medical evaluation.
- 29-year-old man dies from injuries suffered in Beloit fire
- Suspended UW-Madison student wants sex charges dismissed
- Medical center closes while DEA investigates
- UWM instructor hopes students can find solution to lead problem
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash
- Assembly Republicans plan to add $300 million for roads