WINDSOR TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The unconscious driver of a pick-up truck in Windsor Township was using heroin before stopping in a lane of traffic and getting arrested, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy discovered the truck on Pepsi Way at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The truck's emergency lights were on and the driver was behind the wheel and unresponsive.
The deputy yelled and knocked on the window. Brandon N. Ziegler, 22, of Deforest, regained consciousness after about five minutes, according to the deputy.
Ziegler was arrested on suspicion of second offense operating while intoxicated. The deputy said heroin was inside the truck along with other drug paraphernalia.
Ziegler was transported to Meriter Hospital for a blood draw and medical evaluation.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire