WINDSOR TOWNSHIP, Wis. - The unconscious driver of a pick-up truck in Windsor Township was using heroin before stopping in a lane of traffic and getting arrested, according to the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
A deputy discovered the truck on Pepsi Way at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday. The truck's emergency lights were on and the driver was behind the wheel and unresponsive.
The deputy yelled and knocked on the window. Brandon N. Ziegler, 22, of Deforest, regained consciousness after about five minutes, according to the deputy.
Ziegler was arrested on suspicion of second offense operating while intoxicated. The deputy said heroin was inside the truck along with other drug paraphernalia.
Ziegler was transported to Meriter Hospital for a blood draw and medical evaluation.
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing