MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said its Traffic Enforcement Safety Team will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in areas of the city.
Madison police said those areas are:
• Tuesday, April 2 -- South District -- 1900 Monroe St. (Pedestrian and safety enforcement)
• Wednesday, April 3 -- East District – Milwaukee Street and Stoughton Road (Traffic signal enforcement)
• Thursday, April 4 -- West District – 200 S. Whitney Way (30 mph zone; speed enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.Special enforcement areas
- Man, woman caught selling stolen bike on Craigslist, police say
- Evers has $117,000 in bank for superintendent run
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say