MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said its Traffic Enforcement Safety Team will be specifically addressing traffic violations this week in areas of the city.
Madison police said those areas are:
• Tuesday, April 2 -- South District -- 1900 Monroe St. (Pedestrian and safety enforcement)
• Wednesday, April 3 -- East District – Milwaukee Street and Stoughton Road (Traffic signal enforcement)
• Thursday, April 4 -- West District – 200 S. Whitney Way (30 mph zone; speed enforcement)
The Madison Police Department is committed to improving the safety of our community by increasing compliance with traffic laws through education and enforcement.
Police said they rely heavily on the cooperation of the public to be aware of and to follow all traffic laws, whether as a pedestrian, bicyclist or motorist.Special enforcement areas
- Complaint: 14-year-old's father finds sexual assault suspect in closet
- Attempt to drill into SUV gas tank ignites fuel, MFD says
- New Glarus man stopped for expired vehicle registration faces 6th OWI
- Man robbed at gunpoint in parking lot, police say
- Bicyclist injured in collision with Buick, fire officials say
- Police: Student critically hurt in Kenosha school stabbing