MADISON, Wis. - Police said a Madison man speeding on the west side was subsequently arrested on suspicion of OWI early Thursday morning.
Souriyoung Kommavang, 30, was stopped on Maple Grove Road just after midnight, according to the incident report. Kommavang did not immediately pull over police said, but once he did, he told police he had been drinking at a downtown bar and was on his way home.
Kommavang was charged with eluding an officer and drunken driving. Police said if convicted of the OWI, it would be his fourth offense.
- Dane County plans to buy land to make Capital City State Trail safer
- Handful of rat virus cases seen in Wisconsin and Illinois
- Hilldale Mall launches redevelopment of south side
- State unemployment rate drops to 4 percent in December
- Expect traffic delays in downtown Madison for Women's March Saturday
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash