COTTAGE GROVE, Wis. - Police are seeking the public’s help in a shooting investigation in Cottage Grove Sunday night.
The Cottage Grove Police Department said officers responded at 10:36 p.m. to reports of gunfire in he 700 block of Crawford Drive.
According to the report, between four and six shots were fired by a person who was believed to be on foot. Police said the shooter fired at a residence, but nobody was injured.
The shots struck the home and a vehicle parked in the driveway. Police asked anybody who observed a person on foot last night around the time of the shooting, or who saw a suspicious vehicle parked nearby, possibly on Main Street, to call police with the information.
Tipsters can contact the Cottage Grove Police Department through Dane County 911 dispatch at 608-255-2345. Tips can also be sent to Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014 or through the Crime Stoppers website at madisonareacrimestoppers.org.
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot
- Group dedicates 50-year time capsule to mark critical moment in climate history
- Football fans flood Madison for Badger, Wolverine matchup
- Dodge County Sheriff's Office to implement crash reduction strategy
- New $167M Wisconsin wind farm expected to power 25,000 homes
- University of Wisconsin-Superior suspends 25 programs