FITCHBURG, Wis. - Fitchburg police say a man arrested for the robbery of a gas station Tuesday could be linked to other recent robberies in the area.
Charles A. Blissett, 30, of Bismarck, N.D., was arrested as police searched for someone matching the description of a man who robbed the Speedway Gas station in the 2800 block of Fish Hatchery Road at 1:43 a.m. Tuesday. Police found Blissett in the 1800 block of Greenway Cross.
Fitchburg police said Blissett entered the gas station, demanded money and battered the clerk when the clerk was unable to open the cash register. When the cash register wouldn't open, Blissett took cigarettes and fled, according to police.
Blissett was arrested on suspicion of robbery and battery.
Police believe Blissett is also responsible for the robbery of the Stop & Go gas station in Fitchburg on April 7. Investigators are reviewing other cases in Fitchburg and Madison to see if there are connections to Blissett, according to police.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK