MADISON, Wis. - A 30-year-old Madison man was robbed at gunpoint in downtown Madison early Friday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The victim told police three men approached him in the 600 block of Howard Place, and at least one of them was armed with a handgun.
He was asked where the drugs were and ended up giving the robbers his phone, wallet and backpack. He told police he didn't have any drugs.
Police said the victim waited about a half-hour before contacting police.Madison crime map
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'