MADISON, Wis. - A man spotted trying to get inside a garage and car was corralled by the resident and two passersby Tuesday evening, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 400 block of Chestnut Street at 5:44 p.m. when a 22-year-old Madison man said he saw the man try to get into his garage and car. Both were locked.
The resident told police he went outside to confront the man, who tried to walk away. The resident said he called to two passersby who were willing to help hold the man until police arrived.
David J. Beem Jr., 28, of Madison, was arrested on suspicion of attempted burglary and attempted theft.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK