MADISON, Wis. - The two officers connected to an officer-involved shooting on Madison's east side Friday have been identified.
Madison police said Sgt. David McClurg and Officer Carlin Becker shot and killed Londrell Johnson after he stabbed a mother and daughter to death in an East Washington Avenue apartment Friday in an apparent dispute between neighbors.
Police said McClurg has been with the police department since 1991. Becker has been with the department since 2008.
Police say Johnson stabbed three people, including two fatally, before police got to the scene.
The coroner identified the victims as 57-year-old Robin Rae Grossmann and her daughter, 34-year-old Charity Rae Grossmann.
All three of the victims are from Madison.
Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said due to the new state law about officer-involved shootings, the state Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) is leading the investigation. That's because a Madison police officer shot during the response. DCI authorized Madison police to release the names of the officers Tuesday.
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets