MADISON, Wis. - The two officers connected to an officer-involved shooting on Madison's east side Friday have been identified.
Madison police said Sgt. David McClurg and Officer Carlin Becker shot and killed Londrell Johnson after he stabbed a mother and daughter to death in an East Washington Avenue apartment Friday in an apparent dispute between neighbors.
Police said McClurg has been with the police department since 1991. Becker has been with the department since 2008.
Police say Johnson stabbed three people, including two fatally, before police got to the scene.
The coroner identified the victims as 57-year-old Robin Rae Grossmann and her daughter, 34-year-old Charity Rae Grossmann.
All three of the victims are from Madison.
Madison Police Chief Mike Koval said due to the new state law about officer-involved shootings, the state Department of Criminal Investigation (DCI) is leading the investigation. That's because a Madison police officer shot during the response. DCI authorized Madison police to release the names of the officers Tuesday.
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral