BELOIT, Wis. - Beloit police have released the identity of two men who police say fled from the scene of a fatal crash on Sunday.
Johnquayl K. Bell, 23, and Chatavier A. Bell-Johnson, 17 are cousins and are sought for questioning, according to police.
Authorities say Cassondra Sympson was a passenger in a vehicle that was struck at the intersection of Coplin and Yates avenues Sunday. The 21-year-old Beloit woman died before a medical helicopter arrived at the scene. Three others in her vehicle were taken to a local hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries and released. The injured passengers included two children younger than two.
Police said the suspect vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed in a residential area when it hit the victims' vehicle.
Johnquayl Bell is wanted by the Rock County Sheriff's Office and a Wisconsin Department of Corrections warrant.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday