MADISON, Wis. - Two home burglaries reported on the same street are probably related, according to Madison police.
Police were called to a home in the 1900 block of Jefferson Street at 11:15 a.m. Monday when a 75-year-old woman returned home to find her front-door window pane smashed out. Officers said they believe the burglar was interrupted and left through the back door empty-handed.
Later the same day a couple called police when it returned to its home in the 1700 block of Jefferson Street to find glass broken out the front door. Police said several thousand dollars worth of jewelry were taken.
Police said the timing, proximity and nature of the crimes suggests the burglaries are related.
- Apostle Islands ice caves inaccessible to visitors
- Judge properly moved teen into adult system to protect him
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Hundreds of thousands of candies blanket Dodge County road, sheriff says
- State sues former UW-Oshkosh chancellor, business officer
- Walker sends letter in support of DeVos for education head