JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Beloit man struck a parked vehicle, recorded a blood alcohol level of 0.43 and was arrested on suspicion of seventh offense operating while intoxicated, according to Janesville police.
An officer came across a traffic crash on North Pontiac Drive and St. George Place at 12:59 a.m., according to police. The officer found a vehicle driven by Ronald E. Campbell Jr., 37, had struck an unoccupied parked vehicle.
Campell initially agreed to field sobriety tests, and he refused to finish, according the officer. The officer said there was as strong odor of intoxicants coming from Campbell, he was unsteady on his feet, had slurred speech and admitted to being drunk.
A preliminary breath test showed a result of .43 blood alcohol content, according to police.
Campbell was also arrested on suspicion of operating after revocation.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US