MADISON, Wis. - A 64-year-old Madison man involved in a three-car crash is accused of driving drunk with a 6-year-old in the back seat.
A witness told Madison police a car driven by Melanio Pena-Sanchez was traveling east on Northport Drive Thursday night around 8 p.m. when he tried to make a left turn onto Dryden Drive. His car was struck by a car traveling west on Northport Drive. The collision caused Pena-Sanchez' car to strike a third car that was stopped for a red light, police said.
A 6-year-old girl, who's a relative of Pena-Sanchez, was in the back seat of his car at the time of the crash. She was not injured.
Pena-Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating under the influence with a passenger under 16-years-old.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK