MADISON, Wis. - A 64-year-old Madison man involved in a three-car crash is accused of driving drunk with a 6-year-old in the back seat.
A witness told Madison police a car driven by Melanio Pena-Sanchez was traveling east on Northport Drive Thursday night around 8 p.m. when he tried to make a left turn onto Dryden Drive. His car was struck by a car traveling west on Northport Drive. The collision caused Pena-Sanchez' car to strike a third car that was stopped for a red light, police said.
A 6-year-old girl, who's a relative of Pena-Sanchez, was in the back seat of his car at the time of the crash. She was not injured.
Pena-Sanchez was arrested on suspicion of third-offense operating under the influence with a passenger under 16-years-old.Madison crime map
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century