MADISON, Wis. - A teenager grabbed the hair of a Madison police officer and delivered several punches to the officer's face Wednesday.
Madison police said the officer was in the 3000 of Darbo Drive at before 8 p.m. trying to contact the 16-year-old Madison girl about an earlier dispute. A 31-year-old Janesville man witnessed the struggle and tackled the teenager, according to police.
The officer was investigating a disturbance the teenager caused while trying to pick a fight with a 14-year-old girl in the 300 block of Rethke Avenue earlier in the evening, according to police.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday
- New emergency equipment aids obese patients in Wisconsin
- Facebook CEO Zuckerberg visits Madison Sunday
- Wisconsin, U.S. used flawed hair evidence to convict innocent people
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant