MADISON, Wis. - A teenager grabbed the hair of a Madison police officer and delivered several punches to the officer's face Wednesday.
Madison police said the officer was in the 3000 of Darbo Drive at before 8 p.m. trying to contact the 16-year-old Madison girl about an earlier dispute. A 31-year-old Janesville man witnessed the struggle and tackled the teenager, according to police.
The officer was investigating a disturbance the teenager caused while trying to pick a fight with a 14-year-old girl in the 300 block of Rethke Avenue earlier in the evening, according to police.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say