MADISON, Wis. - A teenager grabbed the hair of a Madison police officer and delivered several punches to the officer's face Wednesday.
Madison police said the officer was in the 3000 of Darbo Drive at before 8 p.m. trying to contact the 16-year-old Madison girl about an earlier dispute. A 31-year-old Janesville man witnessed the struggle and tackled the teenager, according to police.
The officer was investigating a disturbance the teenager caused while trying to pick a fight with a 14-year-old girl in the 300 block of Rethke Avenue earlier in the evening, according to police.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
- UW-Madison chosen by U.S DOT to test automated vehicles
- Janesville robotics team among top 10 in global competition, moves to final round
- EPA grant freeze could ‘pull rug out from under' UW-Madison research
- Man on trial for deadly shooting says he was fearful for his life
- Suspected serial thief steals again, police say
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow