MADISON, Wis. - A teenager grabbed the hair of a Madison police officer and delivered several punches to the officer's face Wednesday.
Madison police said the officer was in the 3000 of Darbo Drive at before 8 p.m. trying to contact the 16-year-old Madison girl about an earlier dispute. A 31-year-old Janesville man witnessed the struggle and tackled the teenager, according to police.
The officer was investigating a disturbance the teenager caused while trying to pick a fight with a 14-year-old girl in the 300 block of Rethke Avenue earlier in the evening, according to police.
The 16-year-old was taken to the Juvenile Reception Center on suspicion of battery to a police officer, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and criminal trespass.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry