JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Beloit woman was arrested after a crash in Janesville where police reported the driver had an open bottle of vodka and a 1-year-old child on board.
Police were called to a report of a car that had struck a light pole in the median on Beloit Avenue south of Venture Drive at 2:53 a.m. Saturday.
Police said the driver of the car, Janice A. Rook, 32, admitted to drinking prior to the accident and failed field sobriety tests. Police said an open bottle of vodka was found in the passenger compartment.
Rook's 1-year-old child was in the vehicle at the time of the crash, according to police The child was examined at a hospital and found to have no injuries.
Rook was arrested on suspicion of third offense operating while intoxicated, having open intoxicants in a motor vehicle, and knowingly operating after revocation causing property damage.
- Angler catches massive trout, doesn't count for state record
- Overtime to catch Jakubowski cost Rock County Sheriff's Office $80,000
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart