JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Beloit woman was arrested after a crash in Janesville where police reported the driver had an open bottle of vodka and a 1-year-old child on board.
Police were called to a report of a car that had struck a light pole in the median on Beloit Avenue south of Venture Drive at 2:53 a.m. Saturday.
Police said the driver of the car, Janice A. Rook, 32, admitted to drinking prior to the accident and failed field sobriety tests. Police said an open bottle of vodka was found in the passenger compartment.
Rook's 1-year-old child was in the vehicle at the time of the crash, according to police The child was examined at a hospital and found to have no injuries.
Rook was arrested on suspicion of third offense operating while intoxicated, having open intoxicants in a motor vehicle, and knowingly operating after revocation causing property damage.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter