MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was robbed of his cash at knifepoint, according to Madison police.
Police said they were called to the 1200 block of Gilson Street at 5:37 a.m. Saturday for a report of an armed robbery.
The robber held a knife to the throat of the 50-year-old victim and took cash from the victim's wallet, according to police.
Police arrested Leo E Cowan, 43, of Madison three blocks away from the victim's residence on suspicion of theft, resisting police and on a parole violation.
Police said they searched Cowan's car and located a 7-inch kitchen knife and bills in the exact denomination that was described by the victim.
Cowan had insisted to police they would not find anything in his car, according to officers.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park