MADISON, Wis. - A man riding the bus Saturday was arrested after police said he hit another passenger, a woman he did not know.
Isaac Tillman, 39, was arrested on suspicion of battery, disorderly conduct and resisting officers, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.
Police said Tillman was intoxicated on the Madison Metro about 7:30 a.m. when he struck the victim after she asked the bus driver a question about the route.
Tillman asked the woman "if she wanted some of this?" and then hit her several times in the face, according to police.
According to the incident report, after he hit the woman, Tillman was restrained by other passengers until officers arrived.
Tillman was taken to the Dane County Jail.
Police said the woman was not injured and did not require medical assistance.
- Downtown homicide victim's roommate: Victim was likely trying to help the man who killed him
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes