JANESVILLE, Wis. - Janesville police said they arrested a man who pointed a handgun at another driver with a car full of children Friday night.
A driver called Janesville police just before 10 p.m. Friday to report an armed man driving in a vehicle on Milton Avenue.
The driver told police that the man pointed a semiautomatic handgun out of the window at his vehicle and the occupants.
The driver who called police was transporting a child and friends to a sleepover in Janesville at the time of the incident.
Police said officers located the suspect vehicle minutes later on Hawthorne Avenue and performed a high-risk traffic stop at the intersection of Harmony Circle and Rutledge Drive.
Police said they found two semiautomatic handguns and a billy club in the car.
Kyle G. Cliver, 21, of rural Janesville, confessed to pointing the gun out his window, according to a Janesville Police Department news release.
Police said Cliver was arrested on charges of second-degree recklessly endangering safety, disorderly conduct while armed with a dangerous weapon and carrying a concealed weapon.
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US