MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man fought with police after driving his car into a parked car Thursday morning, according to police.
Police were called to the 4600 block of Hayes Road at 1:28 a.m. and found a man trying to drive away from the scene of a crash. An officer said the engine was revving, the front tires were destroyed and the interior of the car was filled with smoke from the engine and burnt tires.
Police said Bryan J. Condie, 37, of Madison, did park the car and get out as police instructed. An officer reached inside the car, turned it off and removed the key.
Condie fought with police before being taken to a hospital, according to police. Investigators said they believe Condie ingested drugs prior to driving.
Condie was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say
- GOP Legislature calls redistricting ruling 'dangerous'
- Crazylegs run/walk to close many downtown streets Saturday