MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man fought with police after driving his car into a parked car Thursday morning, according to police.
Police were called to the 4600 block of Hayes Road at 1:28 a.m. and found a man trying to drive away from the scene of a crash. An officer said the engine was revving, the front tires were destroyed and the interior of the car was filled with smoke from the engine and burnt tires.
Police said Bryan J. Condie, 37, of Madison, did park the car and get out as police instructed. An officer reached inside the car, turned it off and removed the key.
Condie fought with police before being taken to a hospital, according to police. Investigators said they believe Condie ingested drugs prior to driving.
Condie was arrested on suspicion of second-offense operating while intoxicated and resisting arrest.
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land
- Victims chase suspected burglars with shovel
- Wisconsin school advocates pushing for more money
- Research indicates correct breast examination techniques are widely misunderstood