DARLINGTON, Wis. - Police are trying to figure out if a home burglary case in Darlington and another in Cuba City are connected.
Darlington police were called to a home on Clayton Drive on Wednesday for a report of a residential burglary. The homeowners told police they arrived home from work to find the home ransacked and items taken, including jewelry and money.
Police said the home was locked, and force was used to enter the home.
A similar burglary reported on March 13 is under investigation in Cuba City. Police said in that case the home was also burglarized during the day, the house was ransacked, and jewelry and money were taken.
Police remind residents to lock their homes and report anything unusual in their neighborhoods.
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say