MADISON, Wis. - A group of workers that were paid to blacktop a parking lot at an east side motel have apparently skipped town, and Madison police are investigating the case for possible fraud charges.
The employee of the Super 8 hotel on Hayes Road paid $2,500 to a group of guys traveling through town to blacktop the motel lot, according to Madison police. Police said the employee also gave the men a couple of rooms at the hotel.
Police said by the time the group of men got a ¼ of the way done on the job, it was apparent they weren't very good, and the hotel staff wanted the $2,500 check returned. Police said the crew failed to give the check back and left the rooms in a state of "severe mess" before leaving town.
Police are looking for a number of men who were traveling in a brown Suburban type vehicle with Washington state plates. The leader of the group told the motel employee his name was "Calvin Demitro." However, police and the motel employee now aren't sure if that name was legitimate.
- Kenosha teen who stabbed classmate was punched by victim
- La Crosse man accused of posting nude photos of ex online
- Milwaukee-bound man removed from flight for using bathroom before takeoff
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month
- Evelyn A. Price
- State DOJ, feds, police set up Drug Take Back Day