MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for the driver of a car that was involved in a hit-and-run crash early Friday morning, injuring a 20-year-old UW student.
The crash happened just after 1 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of University Avenue.
According to police, the student was drunk and texting while crossing University Avenue when her friends head a thump.
Police said when her friends turned around, they saw her lying in the roadway. Police said the driver of the vehicle did not stop.
Police are looking for a silver or gold car in connection with the incident. The student was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, including abrasions and a possible concussion.
- UW-Madison chosen to test autonomous vehicles
- Woman pinned in van after crash with ambulance on Hwy. 12
- Increase in garage burglaries reported in Sun Prairie
- Man accused of trying to kill unborn child in Wis. arrested in NY
- Two men charged with armed robbery in Monroe
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter