MADISON, Wis. - Madison police are looking for the driver of a car that was involved in a hit-and-run crash early Friday morning, injuring a 20-year-old UW student.
The crash happened just after 1 a.m. Friday in the 500 block of University Avenue.
According to police, the student was drunk and texting while crossing University Avenue when her friends head a thump.
Police said when her friends turned around, they saw her lying in the roadway. Police said the driver of the vehicle did not stop.
Police are looking for a silver or gold car in connection with the incident. The student was transported to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, including abrasions and a possible concussion.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns