TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - Town of Beloit police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Rock River Sunday afternoon.
Police were called to the 2000 block of Pow Wow Trail at 5:55 p.m. after a citizen discovered the body while walking along the riverbank. Police said the body was face-up in the water and about 5 feet from the west bank.
The man has not been identified and the cause of his death hasn't been determined. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the body, according to police.
An autopsy is being conducted Monday.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns