TOWN OF BELOIT, Wis. - Town of Beloit police are investigating the discovery of a body in the Rock River Sunday afternoon.
Police were called to the 2000 block of Pow Wow Trail at 5:55 p.m. after a citizen discovered the body while walking along the riverbank. Police said the body was face-up in the water and about 5 feet from the west bank.
The man has not been identified and the cause of his death hasn't been determined. There were no obvious signs of trauma on the body, according to police.
An autopsy is being conducted Monday.
- Renewable energy conference focuses on working with agriculture
- Adams County officials hope public can ID burglars in surveillance video
- UWM instructor hopes students can push for change
- Fire crews ventilate parking garage fire in unique way
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- Mom, daughter face charges when 16 horses found with moldy hay, no water