MADISON, Wis. - Madison police were called to a south side neighborhood after police in Fitchburg reported hearing 7-10 gunshots Thursday night.
Fitchburg police were in the 2900 block of Coho Street at 10 p.m. when they heard the shots. Madison police responded and found shell casings at the scene.
Police said witnesses heard the shots but didn't witness the incident.
Minutes before the shots fired call, a car was reported on fire in the same area. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish it.
Police are still investigating, and it's not known if the incidents are related.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend
- Madison police have video of road rage incident involving a car and bike
- Robbery suspect arrested after stealing purse containing $1