MADISON, Wis. - Madison police were called to a south side neighborhood after police in Fitchburg reported hearing 7-10 gunshots Thursday night.
Fitchburg police were in the 2900 block of Coho Street at 10 p.m. when they heard the shots. Madison police responded and found shell casings at the scene.
Police said witnesses heard the shots but didn't witness the incident.
Minutes before the shots fired call, a car was reported on fire in the same area. Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish it.
Police are still investigating, and it's not known if the incidents are related.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms