MADISON, Wis. - A man robbed an East Side gas station at gun point Monday night, Madison police said.
According to the report, just before 11 p.m. a man armed with a handgun demanded money and cigarettes from the clerk at the Kelley Williamson Mobil on East Washington Avenue.
The clerk handed over cash from the register and was gathering cigarettes when another customer entered the store, causing the robber to flee, police said.
Police also said the robber made off with an undisclosed amount of cash, but no cigarettes.
The report noted that the robber is a white man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, between 150-160 pounds with a short red beard. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a stripe across the chest, blue jeans and black-and-white shoes, police said.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI