MADISON, Wis. - A man robbed an East Side gas station at gun point Monday night, Madison police said.
According to the report, just before 11 p.m. a man armed with a handgun demanded money and cigarettes from the clerk at the Kelley Williamson Mobil on East Washington Avenue.
The clerk handed over cash from the register and was gathering cigarettes when another customer entered the store, causing the robber to flee, police said.
Police also said the robber made off with an undisclosed amount of cash, but no cigarettes.
The report noted that the robber is a white man, about 5 feet 10 inches tall, between 150-160 pounds with a short red beard. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt with a stripe across the chest, blue jeans and black-and-white shoes, police said.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land