MADISON, WIs. - A 20-year-old Madison man is facing numerous charges, including operating a vehicle while intoxicated after police said they found him on the city's south side unconscious in his car with heroin inside the vehicle.
The incident happened around 4 a.m. Monday in the 3200 block of Kingsley Way.
According to police, an officer on routine patrol found Garrett Gunderson of Madison asleep or unconscious in his car. Police found him behind the wheel of his car with his seat belt on. The car was running while the lights and radio were on and parked near a business.
The officer woke up Gundersen, and found heroin in the car shortly afterwards, police said.
This marks the fourth time in three days that Madison police have arrested someone on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated with heroin being involved.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire