MADISON, WIs. - A 20-year-old Madison man is facing numerous charges, including operating a vehicle while intoxicated after police said they found him on the city's south side unconscious in his car with heroin inside the vehicle.
The incident happened around 4 a.m. Monday in the 3200 block of Kingsley Way.
According to police, an officer on routine patrol found Garrett Gunderson of Madison asleep or unconscious in his car. Police found him behind the wheel of his car with his seat belt on. The car was running while the lights and radio were on and parked near a business.
The officer woke up Gundersen, and found heroin in the car shortly afterwards, police said.
This marks the fourth time in three days that Madison police have arrested someone on charges of operating a vehicle while intoxicated with heroin being involved.
- Garrison Keillor coming to Breese Stevens Field
- Gun pointed at driver during road rage incident, deputies say
- Wisconsin family rescued from wave that throws them into tide pool
- New Zealand: Janesville doctor must pay for deadly crash
- Police: Crash leads to 4th OWI arrest
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street