MADISON, Wis. - A drunken 18-year-old crashed his car into a parked truck, three mailboxes, a fire hydrant and tore up several lawns early Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 600 block of Moorland Road at 1:37 a.m. after numerous callers reported hearing a loud bang and watching the driver eventually get his car back onto the road. Police said sparks were flying from the bottom of his car.
Police said Javier Gallegos Hernandez was pursued by town of Madison police as he drove onto South Towne Drive and pulled into a parking ramp near Walmart on Royal Avenue. He was arrested by Madison police on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run, and operating after suspension and fleeing.Madison crime map
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'