MADISON, Wis. - A drunken 18-year-old crashed his car into a parked truck, three mailboxes, a fire hydrant and tore up several lawns early Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
Police were called to the 600 block of Moorland Road at 1:37 a.m. after numerous callers reported hearing a loud bang and watching the driver eventually get his car back onto the road. Police said sparks were flying from the bottom of his car.
Police said Javier Gallegos Hernandez was pursued by town of Madison police as he drove onto South Towne Drive and pulled into a parking ramp near Walmart on Royal Avenue. He was arrested by Madison police on suspicion of operating while intoxicated, hit-and-run, and operating after suspension and fleeing.Madison crime map
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Multiple reports of gunshots heard in Madison Sunday night
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue