MADISON, Wis. - A drunken driver caused a three-vehicle crash on the Beltline Monday afternoon and tried to dump a bag of empty beer cans after the crash, according to a release from Madison police.
Police said Vicente J. Albino-Esteban, 33, of Madison, was trying to exit the Beltline onto Fish Hatchery Road just after 2:30 p.m. Monday when he plowed his truck into another truck causing the second truck to strike a car. The truck and car involved in the crash were stopped for a red light.
The drivers of the truck and car told police they saw Albino-Esteban toss a bag of empty beer cans down a hill. The bag was later collected by police.
Albino-Esteban was arrested on suspicion of fourth-offense operating while intoxicated, operating while revoked, having open intoxicants in a vehicle and inattentive driving.
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK